Work at UH Advertisement

Lecturer (CHEM)
Position Number:
Hiring Unit:
College of Natural Sciences, Department of Chemistry
Manoa campus
Date Posted:
March 29, 2017
Closing Date:
Salary Information:
Commensurate with experience and qualifications

Other Conditions:
Possible extension pending availability of funds and performances.
Duties and Responsibilities
  1. To teach CHEM 272/272L, or 273/273L
Minimum Qualifications
  1. Master's degree or higher in chemistry or closely related field.
  2. Teaching experience in college-level chemistry course.
Desirable Qualifications
  1. Ph.D. in chemistry or closely related field.
  2. Teaching experience in college-level chemistry courses.
  3. Research experience in chemistry.

To Apply:
Submit cover letter indicating how you satisfy the minimum and desirable qualifications, curriculum vitae, publication list and names of 3 professional references to the address below or by email to
  1. Department of Chemistry
  2. 2545 McCarthy Mall, Bilger Hall 239
  3. Holululu, HI 96822
  1. Joseph Jarrett, Chair; 808-956-6721;

The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.

Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.

In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at:, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.