Work at UH Advertisement
- Serve as a liaison for the Dean with all faculty and staff in the College, all offices within the UH System, community organizations, government agencies, and external individuals/groups.
- Promotes the CNS as college of choice through the creation and coordination of promotional materials and events via CNS newsletter, website content, campus and/or community news articles, career day/college open house, etc.,
- Represents the Dean by welcoming all visitors with aloha and providing a first-level response where appropriate and coordinates and maintains the Dean's schedule.
- Develops itineraries and agendas, arranges meetings, maintains central calendar and organizes appointments.
- Research subject matter and act as a resource for inquiries regarding high profile meetings and special events of the Dean. Respond and provide direction and guidance on special projects of the Dean.
- Strategize, design, plan & develop special programs, meetings and activities of the Dean, which enhance the image of the college, establish & maintain collaborative endeavors and ensure college achieves its goals and objective.
- Facilitate in the coordination and processing of all Tenure & Promotion guidelines, Faculty Contract Renewals, Teaching Awards, Periodic Reviews, and Scholarship paperwork with all CNS Departments. Ensures all deadlines are met.
- Tracks dept. requests to the Dean. Manages doc required for processing requests. Coordinates w/ Chief Admin. Svcs. Officer to ensure requests meet applicable criteria, submitted in a timely manner and follows through on inquiries.
- Provides technical advice, interpretations, and/or makes effective recommendations to Dean, Chief Administrative Services Officer, and Department Chairs regarding the use of UH foundation accounts. Ensures compliance of UH policies and procedures.
- Schedule and coordinate projects & meetings, including the advisory council meetings. Develop agendas, research topics, & moderate & facilitate meeting discussion. Assist Dean with follow up with meeting participants and to address recommendations made.
- Manages & monitors all college UH Foundation accounts; ensures proper recording of expenditures & encumbrances. Prepares budget & expenditure statements of UH Foundation accounts to Dean, Chief Administrative Services Officer & Department Chairs.
- Promotes information communication and maintains confidentiality as appropriate and protects operations.
- Prepare reports and presentation materials for the Dean thru data gathering, researching and analysis.
- Designs and maintains administrative databases for recording, researching, filing and report generation.
- Records, transcribes and distributes meeting minutes, files, retrieves documents, records and reports.
- Assists in identifying high-risk solutions and alert the Dean to harmful situations that could cause potential damage in reputation or financially to the College of Natural Sciences.
- Communicates to Department Chairs important information such as deadlines to ensure compliance with UH policies and procedures.
- Provide support to Dean's office operations as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in Business Administration, Office Management, Education, or related fields and 1 year(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for office management and business administration; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Functional knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in office management and business administration demonstrated by knowledge, understanding and ability to apply concepts, terminology.
- Functional knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and systems associated with the College of Natural Sciences, UH system, RCUH, and other State agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve the full range problems that may commonly occur in the office setting.
- Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written documentation, write reports and procedures, and communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team members and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Maintain a high level of tact and diplomacy in discussing issues and concerns regarding college direction, plans and activities with individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to retrieve and analyze data for report writing and presentations.
- Working knowledge of the UH system
- College of Natural Sciences Dean's Office
- 2545 McCarthy Mall, Keller 201
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Roxanne Jim; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
In accordance with Article 10A of the unit 08 collective bargaining agreement, bargaining unit members receive priority consideration for APT job vacancies. As a result, external or non BU 08 applicants may not be considered for some APT vacancies. BU 08 members with re-employment rights or priority status are responsible for informing the hiring unit of their status.