Work at UH Advertisement
- One-year appointment for Academic Year (Fall 2017 & Spring 2018). Contingent on approval, position clearance, availability of funds, and sufficient enrollment.
- Teach undergraduate courses in Russian language, literature and culture, and in English Russian literature, culture and translation classes.
- Teaching load: Up to 12 credits (4 courses) per semester.
- M.A. or equivalent degree in Russian;
- High Level proficiency in Russian and English
- Experience teaching Russian in the USA at the college/university level
- Ph.D., in Russian or equivalent (ABD will be considered; must have degree in hand by 07/31/2017.)
- Evidence of student-oriented and innovative instruction.
- Scholarly publication and participation in national professional organizations encouraged, but not required for appointment.
- Dr. Anastasia Kostetskaya, Russian Chair; 808-956-4181; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.