Work at UH Advertisement
- Position may be converted from 11 to 9 months based on operational needs. An approximate start date of 07/01/2017.
- In an Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) accredited Associate Degree Nursing Program, and under general supervision, to teach courses in Nursing, supervise student lab and clinical experiences and to perform work as assigned. To carry out instructional and non-instructional assignments. Day, evening, weekend, off-campus and/or distance education may be assigned as part of regular workload. Commitment to UH Maui College mission and vision is essential.
- All minimum qualifications must be met by the effective date of appointment.
- Masters in Nursing. Education shall have preferably included academic credits in curriculum or evaluation.
- At least three years of acute care nursing experience preferably within the last five years of date of application.
- RN holding a Hawaii state nursing license.
- Experience teaching in a pre-licensure nursing program.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural population.
- Ability to teach using various technological modalities.
- UH Maui College - Human Resources
- 310 Kaahumanu Avenue
- Kahului, HI 96732
- Anne Scharnhorst; 808-984-3646; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.