Work at UH Advertisement
- Assist senior specialists in preparing, reconciling and analyzing expenditure reports and other fiscal management tasks.
- Assist UH Cancer Center faculty and staff with procurement, travel, and other fiscal documents; provide advice involving the application of policies and procedures to a variety of situations.
- Review, reconcile, analyze, and research accounting records of encumbrances, expenditures and account balances for University of Hawaii (UH), Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii (RCUH), and University of Hawaii Foundation (UHF) accounts.
- Prepare and review fiscal documents to establish and maintain Kuali Financial System (KFS) accounts.
- Coordinate, verify, correct, and process transfers of personnel between extramural contracts and grants.
- Prepare and monitor level of effort documentation, including cost sharing records and FTE certification forms. Prepare and/or audit other personnel forms as necessary.
- Maintain budget information and expenditure control over extramural awards and other Center accounts. Prepare periodic financial reports, balance statements and projections of future expenditures for accounts in collaboration with senior specialists.
- Develop and maintain project files and record keeping systems.
- Review and process purchase orders, travel, and other fiscal documents for compliance with UH/RCUH/UHF and Federal/State purchasing policies and regulations.
- Receive check and cash donations and ensure deposit to the appropriate UHF account.
- Assist with account payable functions including reviewing and processing payment documents, recording payments in expense logs, and disbursing checks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in business administration or related field and 1 year(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for finance and/or accounting; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Functional knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in finance and/or accounting demonstrated by knowledge, understanding and ability to apply concepts, terminology.
- Functional knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and systems associated with finance and/or accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve the full range problems that may commonly occur in the finance and/or accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written documentation, write reports and procedures, and communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team members and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and apply written procedures and regulations, as well as best practices, to the review and approval of fiscal documents.
- Ability to utilize computerized spreadsheets to create reports and record financial information as needed to carry out duties.
- Knowledge of the UH, RCUH, and UHF policies and procedures applicable to the areas of purchasing and disbursing.
- Experience in using accounting and data base software applications.
- Experience in developing and administering recordkeeping systems and procedures and developing and monitoring program budgets.
- University of Hawaii Cancer Center
- Recruitment for #79558T
- Attn: Human Resources Office
- 701 Ilalo Street, 6th Floor
- Honolulu, HI 96813
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
In accordance with Article 10A of the unit 08 collective bargaining agreement, bargaining unit members receive priority consideration for APT job vacancies. As a result, external or non BU 08 applicants may not be considered for some APT vacancies. BU 08 members with re-employment rights or priority status are responsible for informing the hiring unit of their status.