Work at UH Advertisement
- Pending position clearance and availability of funds. Continuation dependent upon satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
- Translate, subtitle, and edit Vietnamese language film/database/stream library as assigned by associate director.
- Assist associate director with all communications with film project partner in Vietnam.
- Arrange and organize academic talks, conferences, receptions and community outreach activities.
- Design and reproduce informational announcements for Center for Southeast Asian Studies (CSEAS) programs, including academic talks, special event announcements, online surveys, and podcasts of events as needed.
- Work with CSEAS staff to manage the Center's social networking efforts via the Hootsuite social media dashboard.
- Coordinate with the web resources coordinator to manage communication with website visitors; maintain, update and create web content; and assist with the CSEAS annual report and other assignments as required.
- Assist the associate director with data gathering for program reports, Center-related administrative needs and hosting public relations jobs skills training workshop as needed.
- Full time, classified graduate student in good standing, focusing on Southeast Asian studies or computer science/humanities/social science/business/language related discipline at the University of Hawai'i.
- Native Vietnamese language proficiency in speaking, reading and writing.
- Near native English language proficiency in speaking, reading and writing.
- Strong knowledge of Mac interface and use of Apple software for Mac-only office.
- Intermediate-Advance proficiency with WordPress (web content management system) with previous experience posting and managing web content.
- Experience with social media marketing and management, i.e. Twitter, Linkedin, Hootsuite, Instagram
- Organizational ability that includes attention to detail, be self-initiating, work with minimum supervision in a sometimes fast paced office environment and work as part of a team.
- Familiarity with Southeast Asian language/culture.
- Familiarity with Mail Chimp/other email marketing software.
- Intermediate-Advance proficiency with Photoshop and Pages for digital media creation.
- Intermediate proficiency with HTML and a keen eye for detail.
- Previous work experience with professional public relations organizations.
- Paul Rausch; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.