Work at UH Advertisement
- Serve as Lead Fiscal Administrator for the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act grant for the UH Community College System. Ensures compliance with University, Federal and Agency requirements.
- Informs Community College Fiscal Administrators of financial compliance and monitoring requirements of the Perkins grant.
- Works with Principal Investigators (PI) and prepares budget status reports for PI to determine carryover balances for re-allocation to the community college campuses.
- Monitor Perkins accounts on a consolidated basis for the seven community colleges and prepares status reports of Perkins budgets, expenses and balances.
- Advise PI and community college fiscal administrators on execution of individual Perkins projects with regard to procurement, budget and account maintenance.
- Responsible for preparing cash draw down requests for Perkins accounts and transmittal to the Office of the State Director for Career and Technical Education.
- Review extramural contracts and grants and associated budgets for appropriateness and ensures compliance with University, Federal, or other agency requirements.
- Serve as the Purchasing Card (P-Card) Department Coordinator. Responsible for fiscal review and audit of all P-Card purchases. Ensures purchases are in accordance with University, State and Federal policies and procedures.
- Review, audit and approve purchases to ensure compliance with Federal, State, University, RCUH and UH Foundation policies and procedures.
- Review, audit and approve travel documents for all funding sources in accordance with established policies, procedures and collective bargaining agreements.
- Maintains the accounts payable functions involving UH, RCUH, UHF financial systems. Ensures that payments are processed on a timely basis and in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and University policies and procedures.
- Responsible for fiscal processing requirements of Capital Improvement Project (CIP) consultant and construction contracts.
- Assist with developing fiscal processes for allocation and execution of UH Community College Strategic Initiatives to the 7 community college campuses.
- Ensures proper and accurate inventory management and control. Responsible for annual review, approves acquisition, disposal and transfers to ensure accountability and accuracy in accordance with specific State and Federal guidelines.
- Assist in preparing budget reports for the Office of the VP for Community Colleges' administrators, or other financial reports as requested.
- Serve as Acting Fiscal Administrator during his/her absence.
- Establish account codes in the Kuali Financial System.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in Business Administration or related field and 3 year(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for fiscal/procurement and administrative affairs, financial/cost accounting, budget and planning, or finanical management; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Considerable working knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in the area of accounting or financial management as demonstrated by the broad knowledge of the full range of pertinent standard and evolving concepts, principles and methodologies.
- Considerable working knowledge and understanding of applicable federal and state laws, rules, regulations and theories and systems associated with accounting or business/financial management.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve wide ranging complex problems through the use of creative reasoning and logic to accurately determine the cause of the problems and the resolution of the problems in an effective, innovative and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and present information and ideas clearly and accurately in writing, verbally and by preparation of reports and other materials.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team leaders and members, and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software.
- For supervisory work, demonstrated ability to lead subordinates, manage work priorities and projects, and manage employee relations.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Knowledge of generally accepted governmental accounting principles and techniques and fund accounting systems.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, use sound judgement and apply financial/administrative rules and regulations to a variety of work situations.
- Ability to work effectively with executives, managers and staff of various programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work with spreadsheet software (e.g. Excel).
- Experience working in a postsecondary educational institution.
- Knowledge of University, State, and Federal administrative policies and procedures.
- Prior experience working with the UH Kuali Financial System
- Prior experience working with the Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii Financial System.
- Community Colleges Human Resources Office
- University of Hawaii
- 2327 Dole Street, Room 20
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Leilani Umehira; 808-956-3873
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
In accordance with Article 10A of the unit 08 collective bargaining agreement, bargaining unit members receive priority consideration for APT job vacancies. As a result, external or non BU 08 applicants may not be considered for some APT vacancies. BU 08 members with re-employment rights or priority status are responsible for informing the hiring unit of their status.