Work at UH Advertisement
- To begin approximately July 2017 or soon thereafter. For best consideration, all application materials should be submitted by May 26, 2017.
- Organize and synchronize course offerings in BE Program
- Organize and schedule ABET assessment and engineering program accreditation actions
- Lead continuous improvement of BE Program, organize BE faculty involvement and ensure documentation of all measures and results, provide accreditation training to BE faculty.
- Teach engineering courses and train students to operate engineering fabrication equipment.
- Provide career advising and mentoring to BE students in partnership with CTAHR’s academic advising team.
- Oversee acquisition of instructional equipment and facilities improvement for BE Program.
- Supervise CTAHR’s engineering shop year-round.
- Design and fabricate systems for instruction and research.
- Interface with other engineering and technology units at UH Manoa, e.g., College of Engineering, SOEST, and iLab.
- Master’s degree from an ABET-accredited Biological Engineering or similar program.
- One year of experience as assistant, or its equivalent represented by successful practice in the appropriate field.
- Professional engineering licensure in the state of Hawai‘i.
- Experience organizing and scheduling engineering course offerings.
- Experience teaching engineering courses and training students to operate fabrication equipment.
- Experience with academic advising and career counseling for engineering students.
- Trained in ABET requirements and experience with ABET accreditation including leading ABET assessment efforts and organizing ABET on-site review.
- Experience supervising an engineering shop.
- Experience designing and fabricating devices used in engineering instruction and/or in university research.
- Search Committee Chair
- College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources
- Department of Molecular Biosciences and Bioengineering
- 1955 East West Road, Room 218
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Dr. David Christopher; 808-956-8550; firstname.lastname@example.org
- 808-956-8384; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.