Work at UH Advertisement
- Beginning Fall 2017, pending availability of funds and actual staffing requirements. May be extended pending satisfactory performance, staffing needs, and availability of funds. May be for Leeward CC day, evening, or weekend offerings on- and off- campus (Pearl City and Waianae campuses).
- Under general supervision teach a range of vocational and transfer-level accounting and computer courses and perform related work as assigned.
- Related work activities include, but are not limited to, advising and counseling students;
- Assisting in campus related student activities;
- Collaborating with business and industry and Leeward CC faculty to develop innovative business programs that meet community workforce development needs;
- Participating in faculty and administrative committees, community service, and in-service training; maintaining an approved program of professional self-improvement;
- Collecting data and preparing reports;
- Preparing, adapting, and revising student learning outcomes;
- Independently planning, organizing and carrying out instructional and non-instructional assignments;
- Conducting course assessment and other assessment of instruction based on student learning outcomes and improve student learning based on results of assessment data.
- May include instructional assignments involving distance education.
- Master's degree in Accounting (MAcc); or
- MBA including 18 credits in Accounting (undergraduate and/or graduate - 300 level or higher); or
- Bachelor's in Accounting and 3 years (within the last 5 years) of related work experience in accounting; or
- Bachelor's in related fields such as Business Administration (in areas other than Accounting) including 18 credits Accounting (undergraduate and/or graduate - 300 level or higher) and 5 years (within the last 5 years) of related work experience in accounting; or
- Bachelor's in any field and CPA/CMA or equivalent professional accounting certification (in the USA).
- Minimum qualifications must be from a regionally accredited institution and met by the effective date of appointment.
- Course work, experience, or teaching a full range of vocational as well as transfer-level accounting and computer courses such as: Financial and Managerial Accounting,Tax, Computer Accounting Systems (such as Quick Books), Business Computer Systems and other business applications software (word processing, excel, spreadsheet, access, etc.).
- Teaching experience at a community college level.
- Online teaching experience.
- Familiarity with competency-based instruction, behavioral objectives, course assessment, and program assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse student population. Demonstrated ability in curriculum development.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students on an individual/informal basis.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Human Resources Office
- Leeward Community College
- 96-045 Ala Ike
- Pearl City, HI 96782
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.