Work at UH Advertisement
- Pending position vacancy and programmatic needs. Continuous recruitment until needs are met. For best consideration, submit your application by February 28, 2017.
- Assist with all aspects of NCAA Division I Women’s Volleyball Program, including student recruitment and development, on court coaching, contest scheduling, compliance with NCAA, Conference and University of Hawaii rules and regulations, student-athlete academic achievement, and other duties assigned by the Head Coach. Additionally, the incumbent must maintain collaborative working relationships with administrators and coaches in the department, other college offices, and appropriate relationships with members of the media, donors, and other individuals interested in the sports program.
- Assist and participates in practices and intercollegiate competitions. Teach necessary skills from the basic fundamentals to the techniques and strategies of team play.
- Promote and foster a positive team environment, appropriate behavior, and sportsmanship by team members. Responsible for the conduct of team members both on and off the court.
- Promote the physical and mental well being of all program participants.
- Assist with evaluating, recruiting and selecting qualified prospects who have the ability to compete in the classroom and athletically. Actively seek out and encourage a diverse group of prospects and assist them through the application process. Work collaboratively with the Compliance, Student Affairs, Academics and the Admissions Office staff to qualify and process prospects in a timely and efficient manner. Make recurring contacts by telephone, written correspondence, off-campus visits and evaluations, and coordination of campus visits as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Assist with overseeing the academic progress and success of student-athletes including promoting and maintaining an environment that encourages academic achievement as measured by academic eligibility, retention, and graduation.
- Participates in sports clinics, exhibitions, and camps as approved.
- Actively participates in fundraising, promotional, and public relation activities for the sports program.
- Using Data Volley, analyze opposing team rotations to assist in forming the scouting game plan and present to the team.
- Assist the Head Coach in analyzing statistical information to further team success.
- Evaluate prospective student-athletes locally and in national tournaments on the mainland. Ability to nurture relationships with junior coaches and other junior club administrators with the recruitment of qualified student-athletes, and to sign prospects to letter of intent with the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Responsible for performing the duties of a Campus Security Authority as defined by University policy and federal law with regards to the Clery Act.
- Maintains confidentiality to include but not limited to information, files and records that the incumbent may obtain or possess, in accordance with federal and state laws and University of Hawaii policies.
- Know, recognize and comply with the laws, policies, rules and regulations governing the University of Hawai‘i and its employees, and the rules of the NCAA and affiliated conferences as now constituted or as may be amended in the future. Immediately advises the Director of Athletics or designee if there is reasonable cause to believe violations, whether by employees, students, or others, have occurred or will occur.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Graduation from an accredited four year college or university;
- One (1) year experience coaching volleyball at the college or university level;
- or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of volleyball as competed at the collegiate level.
- Division I volleyball coaching experience.
- UHM Athletics Department
- Attn: Human Resources
- 1337 Lower Campus Rd
- Honolulu, HI 96822
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.