Work at UH Advertisement
- Appointment to begin approximately May 2017, pending position clearance and availability of funding. The College is seeking qualified individuals with training in general internal medicine and other specialties. This position will be located on the island of Oahu, Kauai or Hilo, Hawaii.
- Contribute to the Pharm.D. curriculum and precept students on clerkship rotations, serve as a faculty advisor for students, and serve on College and University committees. Establish a practice site in an acute care setting, an ambulatory care clinic or in community practice. Complete specified activities assigned by the Chair of Pharmacy Practice. Develop a program of scholarship as evidenced by attainment of research/training grants and presentation and publication of scholarly work.
- Eligible for pharmacist licensure in the State of Hawaii. Doctoral degree in a pharmacy-related discipline from an accredited college or university. Successful completion of a PGY1 and/or PGY2 residency program or equivalent clinical experience (2-3 years), or a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience in pharmacy education in an accredited college of pharmacy; ability to communicate clearly in the classroom and/or experiential teaching site and in the context of other student and faculty interactions; ability to contribute to lectures in a Pharm.D. curriculum; ability to develop and maintain a clinical practice site.
- In addition to the Assistant Professor as stated above; minimum of five (5) years of full-time college or university teaching at the rank described with duties consistent with Assistant Professor or Assistant Clinical Professor/Specialist experiential teaching at practice site; documentation of high quality teaching performance, high quality scholarly and/or creative contributions and service to the academic life of a college.
- In addition to the Associate Professor as stated above; minimum of five (5) years of full-time college or university teaching at the rank of Associate Professor or Associate Clinical Professor/Specialist or higher.
- Experience establishing a new clinical site. Prior teaching experience in a Pharm.D. program or graduate/professional education and in precepting Pharm.D. students. Experience with curricular development, assessment and evaluation in a Pharm.D. program. Knowledge of the accreditation standards of the Accreditation Council for Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE). Experience in writing grant proposals and successful track-record in obtaining extramural funding for research/scholarly projects. Experience in protocol development, successful submission to the IRB, data collection, analysis and publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals and/or presentation in scientific symposia.
- UH Hilo College of Pharmacy
- Attn: Kristi Nakamura/#86364
- 200 W. Kawili Street
- Hilo, HI 96720-4091
- Dr. Supakit Wongwiwatthananukit, Search Comm Chair; 808-933-2947; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.