Work at UH Advertisement
- To begin approximately April 2017; renewable depending on performance and/or funding availability.
- Serve as physician investigator with active community-based clinical practices whose primary goals are to conduct clinical research and translate discoveries from the UH Cancer Center's research programs into clinical applications in collaboration with established UH Cancer Center researchers.
- Collaborates with the UH Cancer Center faculty members in the development of the Industry Trial Initiated clinical research projects.
- Pursue collaborative research opportunities in areas where research at UH is especially advantaged and be competitive for national peer-reviewed funding. Examples of such clinical and translational research opportunities are liver and other gastrointestinal cancer, breast cancer, and the clinical application of agents derived from Hawaii's natural fauna and flora.
- Same duties and responsibilities as Assistant Researcher but will require greater accountability and higher complexity as well as serve as a role model within the Cancer Center, university and in the national or international research, academic, and/or medical community.
- M.D. degree or other generally recognized equivalent medical degree from a medical school of recognized standing;
- Board certification or qualification in the clinical discipline involved in the specific position;
- Demonstrated ability in teaching and patient care when appropriate;
- Demonstrated ability to generate independent research reports, publications and grant proposals; ability to interact effectively with students and/or assistants when appropriate.
- In addition to the qualifications required at the Assistant Researcher (R3-M) level, the associate level requires a minimum of four years in the rank of Assistant Professor, or four years of other medical experience, or a total of four years of teaching in the rank of Assistant Professor and other medical experience, or one year at the rank of Associate Professor at another medical school of recognized standing;
- Demonstrated proven ability in teaching, research, and program administration;
- With recognition for having made a significant scholarly contribution to the clinical specialty;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize research activities, including effective interactions with students and/or assistants when appropriate;
- Demonstrated research ability judged competent and adequate for the rank of comparison with peers active in the same field at other major research universities;
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a role model for students and junior colleagues, and to effectively meet and confer with others;
- A strong research track record with national peer-reviewed funding in cancer research together with a proven record of clinical and translation research.
- University of Hawaii Cancer Center
- Faculty Search - Position #70011T
- Attn: Human Resources Office
- 701 Ilalo Street, 6th floor
- Honolulu, HI 96813
- Namrata Gurung; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.