Work at UH Advertisement
- The initial term of appointment for this full-time position will be Academic Year 2017-18 with the possibility of renewal. Appointment to begin August 1, 2017. Temporary, non-tenure track appointment, pending position availability and funding, annually renewable.
- Teach 24-credits per academic year in Japanese language courses at all levels;
- Advise undergraduate students;
- Participate in departmental and university service;
- Other duties as assigned.
- M.A. in Japanese, foreign language pedagogy, or in a related field;
- High-level proficiency in Japanese and English;
- Teaching experience at the college level.
- Familiarity with on-line courses, ACTFL proficiency standards and pedagogical practices that align with current trends in language teaching
- East Asian Languages and Literatures
- 1890 East-West Road, Moore Hall 382
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Prof. Robert Huey, Department Chair; 808-956-7283; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.