Work at UH Advertisement
- Conduct research in Virology.
- Research focus in the area of Virology.
- Expected to secure extramural research funding.
- Teach undergraduate courses related to Virology.
- Teach graduate courses related to area of specialty.
- Mentor students.
- Perform other tasked as assigned.
- PhD in the Biological Sciences or related field from a college or university of recognized standing.
- Postdoctoral experience.
- Experience in Virology.
- Demonstrated success in Virology research.
- Demonstrated scholarly and research achievements.
- Ability as a teacher.
- Same as Assistant, plus a minimum of four years of college or university teaching and research experience at the Assistant Professor level or equivalent, with evidence of increasing maturity.
- Publication record commensurate with the rank.
- Current success in securing extramural research funding.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize assigned activities, including the supervision of work when appropriate.
- Ability to serve as a role model for students and junior colleagues.
- Department of Microbiology
- 2538 McCarthy Mall, Snyder 207
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Virology Search Committee; 808-956-8553; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.