Work at UH Advertisement
- First review of applicants to begin mid-late January 2017. To begin no earlier than February 16, 2017, pending position clearance and availability of funds; renewable subject to performance and/or availability of funds.
- Direct curriculum development and evaluation in medical undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate or continuing education.
- Teach medical students, graduate students, post-graduate residents and faculty in a clinical learning environment.
- Conduct and support research and scholarship.
- Mentor in the principles and practice of biomedical or medical education research.
- Evaluate and manage general internal medicine patients under the faculty practice plan.
- May serve as Clerkship Director.
- Other scholarly duties as assigned.
- MD degree or equivalent medical degree from a medical school of recognized standing.
- Certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) and recertification by ABIM (or National Board of Physicians and Surgeons) when appropriate.
- Valid Hawaii medical license.
- Demonstrated ability in teaching and patient care.
- Ability to serve as a role model for students and junior colleagues.
- Evidence of effective research, scholarly activity, or clinical administration is required.
- Familiarity with curriculum development and evaluation, provider of the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME), Accredited Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and American Council of Continuing Medical Education (ACME).
- Same as Assistant Professor plus:
- A minimum of four years in the rank of Assistant Professor. Candidates not applying from the Assistant Professor rank should have seven or more years of post-doctoral experience in a recognized medical school or major medical research/scholarship institution, or one year at the rank of Associate Professor at another medical school of recognized standing.
- Evidence of skill in tutoring and delivery of lectures and conference/colloquia, and expertise as a resource person in chosen field or specialty.
- Evidence of research/scholarship productivity.
- Clear recognition as a scholar/clinician among peers at the regional, and/or national levels.
- Demonstrated experience with curriculum development and evaluation.
- Elizabeth K. Tam, MD
- 1356 Lusitana Street #709
- Honolulu, HI 96813
- Elizabeth Tam, MD; 808-586-7476; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helen Victor; 808-586-7476; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.