Work at UH Advertisement
- Job Order #1424864. Positions are part-time, casual hire appointments for non-credit Instructors for Spring: June 01, 2018 - May 31, 2019, contingent upon course offerings, student enrollment, and availability of funds.
- Develop and teach non-credit courses in the program areas of: 1. Business Skills(keyboarding, managerial and supervisory skill, writing, etc.) 2. Food Innovation(Food Production Development, Food Entrepreneurship, Food Packaging and Marketing, Food Safety, etc.) 3. Technology (PC, Mac, software, personal devices, etc.) 4. Personal Enrichment (Cooking, Hawaiian culture and language, health, fitness, kids/teens classes, foreign languages, etc.) 5. Workforce and Professional Certification (industry or employer recognized certification) 6. Sustainability (agriculture, alternative energy, LEED, etc.)
- Work under the supervision of Office of Continuing Education and Training Program Coordinator(s) to prepare course outline, schedule, and instructional materials such as PowerPoint presentations and course handouts (instructional materials may be optional depending on course). Submit course materials on a timely basis to area Program Coordinator for review prior to course offering.
- Model for students a commitment to the philosophy and principles of higher education and lifelong learning.
- Provide reports related to teaching objectives and student progress.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and at off-campus locations.
- Bachelor's Degree in the appropriate subject area and 2 years of professional teaching experience; or equivalent combination of education/training and job-related experience.
- Masters Degree in the appropriate subject area.
- 5 years teaching experience at the community college or university level.
- Demonstrated ability to work with adult and non-traditional learners.
- UH Maui College - Human Resources
- 310 Kaahumanu Ave.
- Kahului, HI 96732
- Lucille Franco-Eharis, OCET, EdVenture; 808-984-3419; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.