Work at UH Advertisement
- Teach undergraduate sociology courses (including Introduction to Sociology) in the Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences Sociology program. The teaching assignment is three courses per semester, including in-person and distance education (online delivery). Engage in scholarly research and service activities.
- PhD in Sociology from an accredited university.(ABD candidates are eligible to apply, but must complete all degree requirements prior to the appointment.)
- Candidates must be broadly trained sociologists with a commitment to undergraduate teaching excellence.
- Preference given to applicants prepared to teach at least two or three of the following (in addition to Introduction to Sociology): sociological theory (including feminist theory), sociology of women, marriage and family, sociology of the body, cultural sociology, sociology of work, urban sociology, sociology of childhood, and environmental sociology.
- Experience using distance education technology.
- Evidence of published research.
- Dr. Michael Delucchi; 808-689-2379; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.