Work at UH Advertisement
- General funded, position located in Kailua-Kona, to begin approximately January 2017, pending availability of funds and actual staffing requirements. Assignments may include teaching on- and off- campus; day, evening or weekend classes; distance education assignments using multiple methodologies; and travel between Hilo, West Hawai`i and other off-site locations. Position may be converted from 9 to 11 months or 11 to 9 months based on operational needs. Review of applications will begin on or about November 16, 2016.
- Under general supervision, coordinate the Nursing Learning Resource Center (NLRC) and develop, organize and teach courses in Kona including maintaining inventory;
- assisting with repair, maintenance and purchasing of equipment, supplies and learning resources;
- assuring compliance with safety rules and regulations;
- working closely with faculty to instruct students through supervision of skills practice, high fidelity patient simulations, computer mediated instruction, and presentations;
- supervise student tutors;
- track NLRC usage and obtain student feedback;
- assist with student recruitment and related work as assigned.
- Related work activities include, but are not limited to; maintaining office hours for academic advising of students, assisting in campus-related student activities, participating in department, college and community services as appropriate.
- Prepare, revise, and assess course objectives and student learning outcomes at the course, program, and college levels.
- Develop and maintain a program of professional self-development activities.
- Commitment to community college principles and philosophy is essential.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing with at least one (1) year of hospital experience in their area(s) of teaching responsibility. (Preferably this experience will have been gained within the last five (5) years of date of application.)
- Registered nurse eligible for Hawai`i State License. License required by effective date of employment.
- If qualified applicants are not available, others will be considered on an acting instructor basis.
- Education in curriculum development, evaluation, or teaching methods, or related experience in the above;
- Evidence of successful teaching of nursing in a college setting;
- Demonstrated ability to work with community college students;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multi-ethnic, multi-cultural population;
- Ability to employ critical thinking as part of the learning experience;
- Experience with patient simulations
- Experience with computer mediated instruction;
- Clinical currency in area of expertise.
- Hawai`i Community College
- Dean of Career and Technical Education
- 1175 Manono Street
- Hilo, HI 96720
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.