Work at UH Advertisement
- Annually renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability, to begin November 2016. Position may be eligible for increase in FTE upon availability of funds.
- • Supports the Department Chair by assisting in administering curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation; as well as faculty and organizational development. Ensures development aligns with educational principles, accreditation requirements, and the University’s objectives.
- • Mentors advanced medical students, interns, residents, and clinician-educator faculty.
- • Evaluate and manage medical patients under Department Faculty Practice.
- • May serve as Attending Faculty for the Department of Medicine and UH Internal Medicine Residency Program at associated clinics.
- • May serve as Clerkship Director.
- • Other scholarly duties as assigned.
- • MD/DO degree or equivalent medical degree from a medical or osteopathic school of recognized standing.
- • Board certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine or equivalent and recertification when appropriate.
- • Evidence of effective research, scholarly activity, clinical or administration.
- • Valid Hawai‘i Medical license, by date of hire.
- • Demonstrated ability in teaching and patient care.
- • Familiarity with curriculum development and evaluation.
- • Ability to serve as a role model for students and junior colleagues.
- • Familiar with Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME), Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and HIPAA policies.
- • Demonstrated experience with curriculum development and evaluation.
- • Demonstrated ability to obtain and manage extramural funding.
- • Familiar with Continuing Medical Education (CME) policies and procedures.
- • Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardio Life Support Certification.
- Elizabeth K. Tam, MD
- Professor and Chair
- 1356 Lusitana Street #709
- Honolulu,, HI 96813
- Elizabeth K. Tam, MD; 808-586-7476; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helen Victor; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.