Work at UH Advertisement
- Teach lower-division survey courses, upper-division, and graduate-level courses in area(s) of specialization;
- advise undergraduate and graduate students;
- maintain an active agenda of scholarly research and publication;
- participate in service work;
- other duties as assigned by the department chair.
- Ph.D. in history or closely related field in the humanities or social sciences with an emphasis on modern Korea. Degree must in hand by the date of appointment (August 1, 2017) and be granted by a university of recognized standing;
- Research competence in Korean language and evidence of strong historical research capabilities.
- Demonstrated university teaching experience;
- hold the rank of Associate Professor;
- evidence of scholarly achievement comparable to peers at research universities.
- Demonstrated extensive teaching experience;
- research focus on transnational or comparative studies which situates Korea in a global context;
- national and international scholarly engagement, particularly in Korea and the Pacific.
- Dr. Shana Brown, Chair, Korea Search Committee
- University of Hawaii
- Deparment of History
- 2530 Dole Street
- Honolulu, HI 96822-2383
- Dr. Shana Brown, Chair, Korea Search Committee; 808-956-7151; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.