Work at UH Advertisement
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Chinese Religions, World Religions and related fields.
- Conduct and publish research in the field.
- Provide university and community service.
- Other duties as assigned by the Department Chair.
- Ph.D in Chinese religions or related field from a college or university of recognized standing with demonstrated competence in the academic study of religion. ABD candidates will be considered provided that all degree requirements are complete by July 31, 2017.
- Ability to conduct research in Classical and Modern Chinese.
- Demonstrated ability to teach.
- Expertise in additional Asian religion(s) and language(s).
- Ability to teach theory and methods in the academic study of religion.
- Kapali Lyon, Chair/ Department of Religion
- University of Hawaii at Manoa
- Sakamaki A-311
- 2530 Dole Street
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Kapali Lyon; 808-956-6848; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.