Work at UH Advertisement
- This is a full-time position, funded by general and TASI/PHIDC funds, tenure track, to begin approximately January 2, 2017, or sooner, as mutually agreeable. Review of applications will begin November 17, 2016 and continue until the position is filled. Pending position clearance and availability of funds.
- Serve as the Associate Director of the Telecommunications and Social Informatics (TASI) Research Program and the Pacific Health Informatics and Data Center (PHIDC)
- Manage and further develop a portfolio of projects including public service information and telecommunication policy, technology, and management; health information technology (electronic health record systems, health information exchange, telehealth), healthcare analytics, and systems; distance learning; and other public policy matters where the UH and CSS may contribute
- Support the Graduate Certificate Program (GCP) in Telecommunications and Information Resource Management (TIRM) and teach three courses over the period of four semesters (two academic years) in either TIRM and/or undergraduate courses in telecommunications to be determined with the Chair of the School of Communications
- Identify, procure, and manage the resources to achieve program objectives
- Prepare and manage the preparation of reports, plans, and other deliverables as required by extramurally funded projects and/or cooperative agreements
- Assist in managing the financial and personnel resources of the program
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree, and in addition to the Master’s degree, 30 credits of graduate study from a college or university of recognized standing in communications, information technology, public health, economics, public policy, or related field
- At least three years of experience in the appropriate area at the next lower rank, or its equivalent
- Broad knowledge and experience in developing and/or managing government and public service telecommunications, information systems, and technology
- Record of accomplishment in preparing grant proposals, financial administration, and project management of extramural grants and/or cooperative agreement projects in telecommunications and information systems, healthcare, distance learning, and public service programs
- Experience in healthcare planning, data analysis, and/or administration, especially in Hawai‘i and/or the Pacific Islands or Asia-Pacific region
- Teaching experience in telecommunications and information technology policy and regulation
- Ability to prepare project and financial reports on topics identified above
- Experience in working effectively with Hawai‘i and Pacific Island government, education, healthcare, and weather forecasting/disaster response organizations
- Experience in planning and teaching using distance and e-learning systems and techniques
- Working knowledge of U.S. universal service and grant programs for telecommunications
- Knowledge of health claims and clinical data management and analysis
- Judith Inazu, Acting Director, SSRI; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.