Work at UH Advertisement
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in music history and musicology;
- Supervise student research and writing;
- Maintain active research agenda;
- Serve on department committees;
- Advise students;
- Other duties as assigned by the Department Chair.
- Earned doctorate in musicology by the time of appointment;
- One year of teaching experience at the college level.
- Area of specialization that complements research interests of current musicology faculty (music in film);
- Strong secondary area of research in musicology;
- Demonstrated scholarly achievement (including conference presentations, grants, awards, etc.);
- Promising publication record;
- Evidence of successful university-level teaching.
- Musicology Search Committee Chair
- Music Department
- University of Hawaii
- 2411 Dole Street
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Musicology Search Committee; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.