Work at UH Advertisement
- Positions are part-time, casual hire appointments for non-credit Instructors for Spring 2017, contingent upon course offerings, student enrollment, and availability of funds.
- Course offerings are requested for Professional Development (soft skills, managerial and supervisory skills, etc.), Technology programs (PC, Mac, software, personal devices, etc.) and Personal Enrichment (Fitness, recreation, agriculture, language, dance, science, health, arts, etc.).
- Develop and teach non-credit courses in the appropriate discipline.
- Prepare course schedule, syllabus, and reports related to teaching and student progress.
- Work under the supervision of the College of Continuing Education and Community Service program coordinator.
- Commitment to principles of higher education and philosophy is essential.
- Possible evening, weekend, and off-campus assignments.
- For some teaching fields, openings may only be available for classes offered off-campus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the appropriate subject area. If qualified applicants are not available, those not meeting minimum qualifications may be considered on an exception basis.
- Teaching experience at university or community college level.
- Demonstrated ability to work with adult learners.
- College of Continuing Education and Community Service
- Attention: Non-Credit Instructor Application
- University of Hawaii at Hilo
- 200 W. Kawili Street
- Hilo, HI 96720-4091
- Chris Nishioka, Program Coordinator; 808-932-7830
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.