Work at UH Advertisement
- Appointment to begin approximately August 2017, pending position clearance and availability of funds.
- Teach lower and upper division undergraduate courses in scientific and technical writing using electronic and digital media. Teaching may involve face-to-face and distance learning (DL). Conduct research leading to publication in scholarly venues. Participate in university, college, and department service activities and meetings.
- Ph.D. in rhetoric and composition with a concentration in science writing or a closely related field from an accredited university. Evidence of effective teaching at the university or community college level, including DL, such as student evaluations and peer reviews. Evidence of research in fields related to science and technology writing as indicated by current refereed publications, conference papers, and/or work under review.
- Training or experience in academic and/or workforce-related scientific and technical writing. Demonstrated ability to work with non-traditional learners in a culturally diverse setting. Demonstrated success in grant writing. Experience in building and maintaining scholarly websites and databases. Evidence of the ability to establish and maintain effective professional or academic interdisciplinary working relationships.
- Attn: English Search Committee, Lauryn Toki
- Humanities Division
- University of Hawai’i at Hilo
- 200 W. Kawili Street
- HIlo, HI 96720-4091
- Seri Luangphinith, Humanities Division Chair; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.