Work at UH Advertisement
- For placement in lecturer pool for Fall 2016, Spring 2017, and/or Summer 2017. Mainly part-time employment, contingent on approval to fill, course offerings (ranging from 3 to 12 credits), position clearance, availability of funds, and sufficient enrollment. Appointments offered on a semester basis.
- Teach Interpretation and Translation courses for the Center for Interpretation and Translation Studies. Provide input in the development of CITS programs.
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Interpreting and/or Translation; experience teaching at college or university leave; demonstrate good teaching methods; received formal training in interpreting and translation, with professional experience in the field; familiar with CAT tools; excellent note-taking skills.
- Familiar with CITS courses and programs, including summer programs.
- Dr. Lucia Aranda, Director; 808-956-5833; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.