Work at UH Advertisement
- For placement in lecturer pool for Fall 2016, Spring 2017 and/or Summer 2017. Contingent on course offerings, sufficient enrollment, position clearance, and availability of funds.
- To teach basic language skill courses in the target language. Maintain office hours and work with other language programs in integrating teaching efforts. Languages include Arabic, Bengali, Cambodian, Chamorro, Filipino, Hindi, Ilokano, Indonesian, Maori, Persian, Samoan, Sanskrit, Tahitian, Thai, Tongan, Urdu and Vietnamese.
- B.A. with emphasis on Education/Bilingual Education, Linguistics, ESL, Second Language/Foreign Language Teaching, or closely related fields; high level oral and written fluency in target language and English.
- Demonstrated evidence of successful teaching; university level teaching experience of the target language; experience in target language curriculum development; evidence of prior or pending research and/or publications on target language.
- Lecturer Pool
- Department of Indo-Pacific Languages and Literatures
- University of Hawaii at Manoa
- 2540 Maile Way, Spalding Hall 255
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Dr. John Mayer, Chair; 808-956-8672; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.