Work at UH Advertisement
- Part-time for placement on lecture pool. Contingent on course offerings, sufficient enrollment, position clearance and availability of funds. Lecture positions available beginning Fall 2016 and for future semesters. Review of applications to begin February 22, 2016.
- Teach various Asian Studies courses at the undergraduate level.
- Related duties include preparing course syllabus, grading, maintaining weekly office hours.
- MA in Asian Studies or relevant social sciences or humanities discipline.
- Facility with interdisciplinary approaches to the study of Asian region.
- PhD in hand or current enrollment in PhD program in a social science or humanities discipline.
- Current or recent research experience in Asia.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural setting.
- Experience teaching about Asia and demonstrated teaching effectiveness at the college level.
- Ability or interest in teaching online courses.
- University of Hawaii at Manoa
- School of Pacific and Asian Studies
- Chair, Asian Studies Program
- 1890 East West Road, Moore 416
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Professor Cathryn Clayton; 808-956-5237; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.