Work at UH Advertisement
- Part-time lecturers, as needed. Position subject to availability of funds, student enrollment, and staffing requirements; for lecturer candidate pool. Appointment to begin August 2016 or later. Selectee is required to complete the COE New Faculty orientation in the first year and will undergo a criminal background check and Title IX training.
- Teach undergraduate courses in one or more content areas including those delivered through distance education: Introduction to teaching, reading methods, writing methods, mathematics, performing arts, science, visual arts, social studies, early childhood and/or supervise and evaluate students in field-based settings; conduct field experience seminars; participate in collaborative relationships with mentor teachers.
- Earned master’s degree in Elementary or Early Childhood Education, or equivalent combination of graduate education and experience; working knowledge of national content standards, Hawai‘i Content Performance Standards (HCPS), and Common Core Standards; 2 years full-time PK-6 classroom teaching experience; experience working with diverse/multicultural populations;
- Post-secondary teaching experience; experience working with native Hawaiian populations; experience teaching on-line courses; experience with school/university partnerships; experience mentoring students in field settings; experience in field-based, standards-based teacher education; experience working with special education students and/or multilingual learners.
- University of Hawaii at Manoa - College of Education
- Elementary and Early Childhood Teacher Education
- 1776 University Avenue, Everly Hall 222
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Donna Grace, Director; 808-956-7877; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.