Work at UH Advertisement
- Part-time, non-tenure track, for placement in Spring, Summer, and/or Fall lecturer pool, assignments as needed, contingent on availability of funds and actual staffing requirements for the UH Maui campus. Placement in the pool ensures eligibility only and does not guarantee employment.
- Under general supervision, conduct lecture and as appropriate, laboratory courses in discipline.
- May include instructional assignment involving distance education.
- Maintain at least one office hour per week for each class taught.
- Possible evening, weekend and off-campus assignments.
- Conduct student evaluations and assessment of teaching effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts plus three (3) years of related work experience, which may include professional training;
- OR Associate degree in Culinary Arts plus five (5) years of related work experience, which may include professional training;
- OR Fifteen (15) college credits plus seven (7) years of related work experience, which may including professional training;
- OR Master recognition by Food Services Community and ten (10) years of related work experience.
- If qualified applicants are not available, those not meeting minimum qualifications may be considered.
- UH Maui College
- Personnel Office
- 310 W. Kaahumanu Ave.
- Kahlui, HI 96732
- Teresa Shurilla; 808-984-3683; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.