Work at UH Advertisement
- Part-time, non-tenure track, for placement in Spring, Summer and/or Fall lecturer pool, assignments as needed, contingent on availability of funds and actual staffing requirements for East Hawai`i campus.
- Under general supervision, conduct lecture and as appropriate, laboratory courses in the discipline.
- May include instructional assignment involving distance education.
- Maintain at least one office hour per week for each class taught.
- Possible evening, weekend and off-campus assignments.
- Conduct student evaluations of teaching effectiveness.
- Participate in assessment of course learning outcomes.
- Adhere to all due dates, including the online submission of grades.
- (a) Bachelor’s degree in Drafting Technology and 3 years related work experience;
- or (b) Associate degree in Drafting Technology and 5 years related work experience;
- or (c) 15 college credits and 7 years related work experience including training.
- a. Land Surveyor/Civil Engineer: Familiar with surveying techniques and equipment such as the Total Station with data collector, Theodolite, GPS, etc. Able to translate data and create drawings of site plans through both manual drafting and use of CAD software. GIS and sustainable site experience desirable.
- b. Architect: Licensed to practice architecture in the State of Hawai?i. Familiar with A.I.A. standard architectural office documents and procedures. LEED/NAHB experience and use of AutoCAD and SketchUp desirable.
- Joel Tanabe, Chair, Applied Technical Education
- Hawai`i Community College
- 1175 Manono Street
- Hilo, HI 96720
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.