Work at UH Advertisement
- The initial term of this position is for one year. Renewal subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
- The research goal is to improve the understanding of antideuteron physics by measuring
- (anti)deuteron and antiproton production cross-sections with the fixed target experiment NA61/SHINE
- for the purpose of reducing the uncertainties of cosmic ray antideuteron searches. The successful
- candidate will participate in NA61/SHINE data taking, experiment calibration, data analysis, and
- interpretation and will have the opportunity to regularly spend time at CERN. The group is also
- working on the antideuteron analysis with the ISS-based AMS-02 experiment and the development of
- the balloon-borne antideuteron experiment GAPS.
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree, preferentially in (astro)particle physics. Experience with data
- analysis and software development is expected.
- Philip von Doetinchem; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.