Work at UH Advertisement
- Please note that upon completion of the first year, this position is extendable upon mutual agreement depending on the availability of funds.
- Conduct crossed molecular beam experiments on the formation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (position 1); investigate the decomposition of model compounds of explosive materials (position 2); probe the decomposition kinetics of JP-8 jet fuel (position 3); probe the formation of organosilicon molecules in the interstellar medium exploiting the crossed molecular beams method (position 4)
- PhD in experimental physical chemistry or physics; ability to carry out independent research and prepare manuscripts of results for publication.
- Reaction dynamics, experimental physical chemistry, ultra high vacuum technology, solid state lasers, photo ionization techniques.
- Professor Ralf Kaiser, Department of Chemistry
- 2545 McCarthy Mall
- Bilger Hall
- Honolulu, HI 96822-2275
- Prof. Ralf I. Kaiser; 808-956-5731; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.