Work at UH Advertisement
- For placement in department adjunct lecturer pool for Fall 2017, Spring 2018 and /or Summer 2018. Mainly part-time employment, contingent on approval to fill, course offerings (ranging from 3 to 12 credits), position clearance, availability of funds, and sufficient enrollment. Appointments offered on a semester basis.
- Teach primarily lower-division courses, maximum load of two sections per semester: Eng 100 Composition I; Eng 190 Composition for Transfer Students; Eng 200 Composition II; Eng 270, 271, 272, or 273 Introduction to Literature.
- MA, MFA, or PhD in English or other appropriate field.
- Experience teaching first-year writing and/or introductory literature courses at the college or university level.
- Lecturer Pool
- English Department
- University of Hawaii at Manoa
- 1733 Donaghho Road
- Honolulu, HI 96822
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.