Work at UH Advertisement
- This librarian works with the academic departments in the College of Natural Sciences as a member of the Science & Technology Reference Department of the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa Library. Under the general direction of the Chair of the Science & Technology Department, the librarian will provide relevant expertise as a member of a team of instruction and reference librarians.
- Outreach and instructional responsibilities include developing and delivering seminars, workshops, tutorials, instructional materials, and information literacy instruction using a variety of delivery methods and venues.
- Provide general and specialized information services, including reference and research consultation, to students and faculty.
- Perform collection development in assigned science and technology disciplines to support instruction and research of the College of Natural Sciences (or in disciplines related to the sciences).
- Participate in committees and special projects as needed, and collaborate with faculty and staff in the Library and other units in the University.
- Librarians have faculty status and must meet requirements for tenure and promotion including professional development, research and service.
- ALA accredited MLS or equivalent.
- ALA accredited MLS or equivalent.
- In addition to MLS, 24 post-baccalaureate credits of academic study.
- At least three years of appropriate experience.
- Knowledge of or experience in classroom or group teaching at the college or university level in an information literacy program.
- Understanding of teaching methods, instructional design, and current instructional technologies.
- Knowledge of or experience in providing reference and research assistance in a college or university library focusing on science and technology.
- Understanding of the academic research process and scholarly communication.
- Understanding of the principles and activities of collection development.
- Understanding of assessment methods used in higher education and libraries.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of current technologies and software used in academic libraries.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively with culturally diverse library users and colleagues.
- Knowledge of or advanced coursework in a science or technology field.
- Experience working with researchers and students in a science or technology field.
- Evidence of critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate leadership potential in a collaborative and collegial setting.
- Ability to maintain a productive attitude and enthusiasm for an innovative and changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage detail.
- Evidence of strong oral and written communication skills.
- Human Resources Specialist
- University of Hawaii at Manoa Library
- 2550 McCarthy Mall
- Honolulu, HI 96822
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.