Work at UH Advertisement
- Position housed in the Department of Special Education. General or Special funds. Appointment to begin August 2018 or later, contingent upon position clearance, department needs and availability of funds. Selectee is required to complete the COE New Faculty Orientation in the first year, Title IX training, and pass a criminal background check.
- •Teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses via on campus and/or a variety of distance delivery modes;
- • Supervise candidates' field activities in field-based teacher preparation programs;
- • Serve as cohort coordinator for candidates in teacher training programs;
- • Advise students;
- • Maintain active program of research/scholarly activity and publications in area of specialization;
- • Provide service to the department, college, university, public schools, and professional community;
- • Participate in program review, program assessment, and accreditation activities;
- • Other duties as assigned.
- • Doctorate in special education or closely related field from an accredited institution; will consider ABD if completed by date of hire;
- • Broad knowledge in elementary-level special education and mild/moderate disabilities;
- • Experience as a licensed special educator with elementary-level students with mild/moderate disabilities;
- • Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience that provides the required education, knowledge, skills, and abilities as indicated.
- • Scholarly expertise in mathematics and/or science education for students with mild/moderate disabilities;
- • Advanced knowledge of special education instructional methods and/or assessment for elementary-level students with mild/moderate disabilities;
- • Experience teaching, supervising, and/or advising candidates in higher education;
- • Evidence of, or potential for, scholarly research activity;
- College of Education
- Department of Special Education
- Attn: Dr. Mary Jo Noonan, Chair
- 1776 University Avenue, Wist Hall 120
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Mary Jo Noonan; 808-956-7956; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.