Work at UH Advertisement
- This advertisement is for an 11-month, tenure-track faculty position, to begin approximately January 2018.
- Productive research and development of an Institute for Quantitative Imaging and Personalized Medicine, based in the Cancer Center but anticipated to have broad activity and collaborations across the UH campus and affiliated healthcare partners;
- Participation in UH Cancer Center committees, seminars and meetings;
- Work with UH Foundation representatives to assist with fund raising activities for the developing imaging institute based at the Cancer Center.
- Instructional opportunities include courses or lecturing in biomedical engineering in the School of Engineering or in nutrition in CTAHR.
- Doctorate in biomedical sciences from a college or university of recognized standing; Four years of effective research with demonstrated increasing professional maturity and independence at the rank of Associate Researcher or equivalent;
- Demonstrated research productivity which has resulted in significant recognition by the national or international community of scholars active in the same field;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and/or supervise research activities;
- Demonstrated ability in teaching, research, and program administration;
- Demonstrated capacity for independent professional research as shown by participation in the affairs of regional and/or national research groups and/or societies;
- A strong research track record with active national peer-reviewed funding in cancer and/or clinical and translational research, with evidence of a sustained extramural funding base;
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a role model for students and junior colleagues, and to effectively meet, interact and collaborate with others.
- Ability to contribute to teaching and mentoring of undergraduate and graduate students.
- Track record for successfully developing and leading large federal or research programs.
- University of Hawaii Cancer Center
- Faculty Search - Position #82920
- Attn: Human Resources Office
- 701 Ilalo Street, 6th Floor
- Honolulu, HI 96813
- Namrata Gurung; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.