Work at UH Advertisement
- This position shall support and coordinate the new undergraduate programs in astrophysics and astronomy jointly offered by the Department of Physics and Astronomy and the Institute for Astronomy.
- This position shall teach astronomy, astrophysics and/or physics courses as part of teaching duties, maintain/develop an active area of research, attract external funding to conduct research, and publish results in peer reviewed journals.
- PhD in Astronomy or Physics
- Record of effective teaching in astronomy and astrophysics courses
- At least two years of postdoctoral experience or equivalent teaching experience at the time of application
- Ability to conduct research and publish results in peer-reviewed journals.
- Areas of research: astronomy/physics education, astronomy, astrophysics
- Experience in application of evidence-based teaching methodologies (e.g., active learning, group discussion, etc.)
- Familiarity with strategies for course and program assessment and development
- Ability to support professional development of STEM teaching faculty
- Department of Physics and Astronomy,
- 2505 Correa Road
- Watanabe Hall, Room 416
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Dr. Jelena Maricic; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.