Work at UH Advertisement
- The position is full-time, general funds and tenure track to begin Aug 1, 2017, pending availability of funds and position clearance. Review of applications will begin April 3, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
- Teach undergraduate, graduate, and executive courses in various areas of Information Systems, as needed, in particular, in the areas of cybersecurity, information security, and privacy.
- Conduct research, engage in scholarly activities.
- Participate in university, college, department and other service activities.
- PhD in Information Systems or closely related field from a college or university of recognized standing.
- Minimum of 4 years in rank of Assistant Professor at a college or university of recognized standing.
- Evidence of teaching quality and effectiveness in undergraduate and graduate business classes in Information Systems topics.
- Record of research excellence in the Information Systems field as indicated by refereed research publications in top IS journals, sufficient enough to secure tenure in a leading public research university.
- Evidence of ongoing research productivity through works-in-progress and professional service to the IS field such as conference or journal editorial roles.
- Professional work experience in business or in information technology field
- Evidence of securing external research grants
- Professor Bo (Sophia) Xiao, Search Committee Chair; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.