Work at UH Advertisement
- Private Funds, part-time, subject to position clearance and availability of funds; to begin approximately July 2017 and to end on June 30, 2018.
- Teach and supervise medical students and pediatric residents.
- Create work & call schedules for pediatric residents.
- Help with administering the program.
- Liaison for communication between residents and program.
- Provide clinical coverage during residents’ weekly Academic half-days.
- Actively participate in recruitment and selection of interns for the 2018 class.
- Develop educational activities.
- Perform other scholarly duties as assigned.
- M.D. or D.O. degree from a medical school of recognized standing.
- Must have Hawaii Medical License by date of hire.
- Completion of a standard residency program and be eligible for board certification in Pediatrics by the date of hire.
- Demonstrated potential for teaching/research/scholarship.
- Demonstrated ability in patient care and strong medical knowledge.
- Poise and good address for meeting and conferring with others.
- Kenneth Nakamura, M.D., Chair, Department of Pediatrics
- UH, John A. Burns School of Medicine
- Department of Pediatrics
- 1319 Punahou Street, 7th Floor
- Honolulu, HI 96826
- Kenneth Nakamura, MD; 808-369-1237; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.