Work at UH Advertisement
- To build and maintain a high-quality, extramurally-funded independent research program in an area of expertise such as preformulation, drug and gene delivery systems, pharmaceutical material science and other related field; achieve excellence in the teaching professional Pharm.D. and Ph.D. graduate students; provide service to the University and academic community at a level commensurate with her/his career stage; contribute to the maintenance of a collegial and collaborative academic environment.
- Ph.D. degree from an accredited college or university in pharmaceutical sciences or a relevant discipline appropriate for this position (Pharmaceutics). Relevant postdoctoral experience, during which she/he has built a documented record of research creativity, independence, and productivity. The ability to contribute to the appropriate pharmaceutical sciences classes/lectures and laboratory components of the Pharm.D. and Ph.D. curricula. Scholarship documented by first /last author publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at scientific and/or professional forums commensurate with academic rank. Demonstrated ability to clearly and successfully communicate verbally and in writing in the English language and work with students and faculty from diverse cultural backgrounds. Experience in grant-writing for research related to Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- In addition to the Assistant Professor described above, a minimum of five (5) years of full-time college or university teaching at the rank of Assistant Professor or higher with a record of sustained productivity in the areas of high quality teaching, peer review funding and publication, and service. Distinguished in own field of study at the national level with a strong track record of productivity and current competitive funding.
- In addition to the Associate Professor described above, internationally recognized in their discipline, a minimum of five (5) years of full-time college or university teaching at the rank of Associate Professor or higher with a record of sustained productivity in the areas of high quality teaching, peer review funding and publications, and service
- Two (2) years of relevant postdoctoral experience, during which she/he has built a record which documents research creativity, independence, and productivity.
- A successful, extramurally-funded research program in area of expertise (pharmaceutics).
- Relevant teaching experience of Pharmaceutics classes/lectures and laboratory components.
- UH Hilo College of Pharmacy
- Attn: Kristi Nakamura/#73322
- 200 W. Kawili Street
- Hilo, HI 96720-4091
- Mahavir B. Chougule; 808-981-4518; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.